Small av

Mod Devin M : admin

cabininside

All right, so you built yourself a cabin... now what? You drop a bed down... maybe pop a crafting table in the corner... finish it off with a few chests to store your massive collection of blocks and monster bits. It works. You've got what you need. But it's a bit of a yawnfest, right? If you want to get a bit more creative, here's what I recommend:

First off, let's build that sweet fireplace I promised in the cabin build guide. When you walk inside, you should see an exposed cobblestone block (the one at the top here). Place another cobblestone block underneath it and cobblestone stairs on either side of that block pointing out. Underneath all of those blocks, place three more cobblestone blocks.

cabininside

Replace a 3x3 section of the floor beneath your fireplace with stone bricks (because we can't be lighting fires on a wood floor, now can we?)

cabininside

Place two upside-down cobblestone stairs on the right and left sides of your stone brick floor, pointing in (see below).

cabininside

Oh, you thought using a million stairs was just for building the bones of your house? THINK AGAIN! Slap three of sets of 'em against the wall on top of the upside down stairs, pointing forward.

cabininside

Finish off the fireplace with three stone bricks slabs across the top of the front two upside-down stairs.

cabininside

Since this is a wooden house and Minecraft fire is reeeeeally good at spreading, I recommend plopping a torch down and enjoying your beautiful, decorative fireplace. But, if you want to play with fire (literally), you can replace the center block of the stone floor area with netherrack and hit it with some flint and steel.

cabininside

While we're making a fireplace, we might as well make a cool (totally fake) moose head to hang above it, right? Place dark oak stairs on the bottom middle cobblestone block from step one and birch fence gates on either side of it.

cabininside

All right, time to move on to the rest of the place. Against the back wall, 3 blocks in from the right, build a 2-block deep, 3-block high wall out of acacia wood planks. (Phew, did you get that???)

cabininside

Make yourself a little loft using acacia wood plank slabs. Place them so they're level with the top of your acacia wood wall.

cabininside

Now, you're going to need a way to get up to your loft... so, go ahead and toss some ladders up the side of your wall.

cabininside

Tuck your bed in the back left corner of your loft and, if you're in the latest version of Minecraft, show off your favorite armor across from it on an armor stand. If you don't have the awesome new armor stand, you can leave the space open or plop down another decoration of your choice. Finish off your loft with some dark oak wood fences to keep you from taking a tumble when you roll out of bed.

cabininside

Underneath your loft, drop two rows of double chests on either side of the back door. I went with bookcases to fill the space on the right side, but you could easily stick a few more chests in there if you run out of room in the others.

cabininside

In the space between the fireplace and the chests on the left side of your door, drop an anvil down and slap a torch on the wall above it (you never know when you'll need to do a bit of armor or weapon-mending, so it's good to have one handy).

cabininside

Speaking of things you should have handy, no Minecraft house is truly complete without a crafting table and furnace. I tucked two crafting tables with a furnace in between them in the space on the left side of the fireplace because I liked how it looked, but you could also drop down two furnaces with a crafting table sandwiched between to get things smelting a bit more quickly. Whatever you place in the middle, pop a flower pot on top of it (you'll have to hold down shift) and plant a tiny tree in it (or whatever naturey goodness you like best). On either side of the flower pot, place a torch. Above all of that, I hung some mob heads to keep my moose head company. But, if you're not in creative, they're pretty rare, so you can put a painting in their place.

cabininside

On the opposite wall, try out some tool storage that doubles as decoration: Place five item frames in a line above your window. Stick your favorite pickaxe, axe, sword and bow on the wall. When you need to use them, grab them and go. I put a clock in the middle frame so I could keep an eye on the daylight, but you can always replace it with a shovel or whatever else you think looks cool.

cabininside

While we're doing a little decorating, we might as well spice up our lighting a bit. Here's a neat trick to make your torches look cooler: First, place the torch. Then, place an item frame on the wall behind it. Finally, place a stone slab into the item frame so it looks like it's holding the torch.

cabininside

Here are all of the torches I kept in my cabin, complete with finishing touches:

cabininside

After a long day of building and mining and fighting off mobs, you're gonna need a place to kick your feet up. Drop three dark oak stairs one block back from your stone floor to make a couch (the ones on the right and left should be corner stairs).

cabininside

Okay, so you probably eat most of your food on the go, but that doesn't mean it's not worth having a civilized place to sit down to some perfectly cooked steak. Place dark oak stairs in the front right corner of the house against the wall, a dark oak fence post on the floor in front of them, and a piece of carpet in the color of your choice on top of the fence post. If you like to gaze upon fine art while you dine, slap a painting on the wall beside your tool storage frames. Boom. Dining area complete.

cabininside

Okay. Inside, done. Time for the very last, teeny, tiny, finishing touches! Stick something in the item frame above your front door. Anything you like. I went for the rose bush because it looks a little bit like a wreath and 'tis the season. Replace the grass in front of your door with a hay bale and... tada! A welcome mat.

cabininside

The neighbors don't need to know your fireplace is fake. Stick some cobwebs above your chimney to look like smoke billowing out of it.

cabininside

You can do some quick, simple landscaping around your house by making a stone brick walkway and smacking the ground with some bone meal to make the grass and flowers grow. Here's how my place looked on the outside when I was finished:

cabininside

cabininside

Now you are OFFICIALLY done. Head back inside, flop down on your new couch, and your cabin!

cabininside

Check out the Construction Handbook for more tips and ideas!

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Now that's what I call creative!

• Posted at:

Tigerclaws217! AKA Tigress

Japanese Soul: Anime, drawing, music etc

"You can't have one thing without the other"     

"All it takes is one mistake"

"Why do humans persist in seeking power that could destroy the world?"-Milla, Tales of Xillia

I love it! I think Ill build another cabin, and decorate it like yours...I got impatient and decorated mine by myself. Thanks so much for the tips!! Could you teach us how to build like, a beach house?

• Posted at:

Artemis

[Insert something funny/and or creative here]

the moose and the torches are SO CLEVER i love my moose! and sense it is fake that is fine because litrally I LOVE MOOSE

• Posted at:

Wings Of Fire !!!

I'm about finished! To bad you can't put signs perfectly level to the ground! Then you could place one in front of the door saying welcome!

• Posted at:

COOKIE!

CROOK!

I believe in magic and I'm not afraid to say it

Choose Kindness

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives only one.

- George R. R. Martin

#Together

#Remeber

#PrayForPEACE

Small av

Glad you guys like it! \(^ ^)/

@artemishunting: great idea! I'll totally do a beach house for the next build guide. 

@wolfsong: MOOSES ARE AMAZING (MEESE?? MOOSE?? MOOSES???)

@analyzingdragon: that is a bummer! maybe one day...

• Posted at:

It. Is. PERFECT!

• Posted at:

Maddie.

Bring back the old MB.

Cahill Princess Android Demigod Other

I ship Jake with a long walk off a short bridge.

You still need a desk, and a laptop. And a bathroom, with a cauldron toilet and sinks and ice mirror with the bathroom replicated on the other side.

• Posted at:

Cobalt

Hero-in-Training at UA Academy

Member of the Voltron Coalition

Awkward Human Being

Nerdy Ravenclaw

Citizen of Hyrule

cool yea it is*

• Posted at:

hmmm...

• Posted at:

Darkwolf's tribe plz join) 

I AM THE ALL POWERFUL MASTER OF CHEESECAKE

call me Drift

"I'm out of ammo and out of ideas!"-hound

ares! me yAy

" This is for Frodo!, This is for the Shire! and This is for my Grandmother!"-Samwise

That sounds cool! 

• Posted at:

Yay!! I love beach houses!!! \(^_^)/

• Posted at:

Artemis

[Insert something funny/and or creative here]

ah, yes! very helpful. i've been trying to build something like this for years, but nothing has been working. now it's here!

• Posted at:

if you put the netherrack one block back nd then light it, nothing else will catch [on fire.]

• Posted at:

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Posted at:

Darkwolf's tribe plz join) 

I AM THE ALL POWERFUL MASTER OF CHEESECAKE

call me Drift

"I'm out of ammo and out of ideas!"-hound

ares! me yAy

" This is for Frodo!, This is for the Shire! and This is for my Grandmother!"-Samwise

OK this beach house is sooo creative TAYLOR SWIFT LIVE IN IT PLEASE

-fairyamber304

• Posted at:

-fariyamber30

ABA THE UTT

KAWIIKAWII GURLGURL HERE

ROCK STAR

RAINBOW

BRONIE

GURLSCOTS

I LIKE PUPPYS AND KITTYS BRO

HEY GURL HEY

BAI GURL BAI

HEY BOY HEY

BAI BOY BAI

NICE HOUSE! I LOVE THE INTERIOR!

• Posted at:

THIS IS AWESOME!

Laptop!!! Oh, and maybe you could also do a redstone guide for a melon farm. Or a build guide for an airplane hangar.

• Posted at:

Cobalt

Hero-in-Training at UA Academy

Member of the Voltron Coalition

Awkward Human Being

Nerdy Ravenclaw

Citizen of Hyrule

WOW, just wow(i am not kidding, that is just the best, creative house i ever seen!!!!!)

• Posted at:

I only have minecraft PE and this still worked! Its amazing on what you can do on a different source. It looks exactly like it other than the doors & the anvil.

Great Work! And I am excited for the beach house :)

• Posted at:

"I promise, I won't eat all of them." - Rollan

TOMBOY TIME! ( And le cray cray time bruh)

No Turning Back, Find Your Own Way To Success.

-Me

Call me EVERTREE ( Idk, Dont ask why, just do it.)

EMBRACE  THE WEIRDNESS

Hewwo! Now, Shh

That house looks really cool!

• Posted at:

Don't hide, you can't. The one who was in the shadow has risen.

His name is Cobratiger39.

how bout adding a basement (basements)? you could hide it with pistons in the floor or something to hide the way in so that your cabin still looks perfect!

• Posted at:

Laughing is the best medicine (and icebreaker too) :D

not that there is much ice left in the world to melt...

That's cool but you should see my basement

• Posted at:

You forgot the most important part, make this part 3:

1. dig 5 blocks deep. make that anywhere to the side. 

2. hollow that out to be the same size as your cabin.

3. add the walls. Use dark oak logs or, as my personal prefrence, acacia planks. OPTIONAL: make the bottom part rimmed with cobblestone like up top.

4. add the floor.

5. make the ceiling 1 1/2  blocks large out of acacia planks and slabs.

6. pick the side of the room away from the hole. put two upside down quartz stairs facing away from each other, back to back. Put a quartz block on the stair facing the wall. Put a lever on the side. add an iron trap door on the other stair. Congragulations, you just built a toilet.

7. one block away from that, place a cauldren. add one upside down stone brick stair above that. WASH YOUR HANDS!!!

8. one block away from the sink, dig out a 2 block wide and 1 block deep space and replace the 2 blocks below that with wood planks. (I'm in PE, does PC have quartz buttons? If so, dig a hole in the wall one block above the ground. Put a quartz button on the bottom block. If not, temporarily change the texture of stone buttons.) put another faucet coming from the wall that only one block is against. sunken tub.

9.build a wall one block away from the bathroom. leave a place against the wall on the left for the acacia door. Oh, and place the door! XD

10. Place 3 upside down stone brick stairs along the cobblestone part of the new wall one block away from the door. On top of that add black wool, going up 1/2 a block away from the ceiling (as high as possible). Add the picture of samurai guys fighting, and put one sign over each part, giving a title, or if it is on the top, add subtitles. TV!!!!

11. put a couch one block away from the tv.

12. in the corner of the room, place an acacia fence. one block away, still against the wall, place another. on top of that, add stone slabs, and connect the two slabs.on top of the center slab, add a light gray carpet. place a 1X1 painting on the wall behind it. Oops, must of left the computer on!

Note: you can change the texture of a painting to be black, so it looks like an open laptop that's off.

13. add some light. torches do good. Just put one on the top of each wall, in the corner.

Note: the stone thing is ok, but an item frame with a hopper is way cooler.

14. if you haven't, add a trap door were the hole is, hinge on the block opposite to the wall. build a latter coming down (so you can go back up.

15. add pictures and item frames as you may.

NOW your cabin is done. Right?

• Posted at:

Clockwork

Fluffeh is a concept of its own. Anyone can describe it, but there is always something missing or wrong. Fluffeh is a concept you have to experience to understand, like happieness.

#SheIsAnEvilIgnorerHorse

It is awesome

• Posted at:

cool

• Posted at:

cool cabin tnx another addition to my village in myserver

• Posted at:

How about a special devin style house for every biome not that you need to think of something from scratch but changing existing buildings maybe the sydney opera house has a unique design and you could add like redstone that make the building i dun n know light up at different intervals or change the design slightly by adding a special feature like the toilet above (great work! for coming up with the toilet design ;-)

how about a dispenser with a bucket of water in it that you could flip a lever to control the "flush" ^_^ 

• Posted at:

Laughing is the best medicine (and icebreaker too) :D

not that there is much ice left in the world to melt...

i know btw im already on the dark and have cookies and cake.

• Posted at:

This Cabin is AWEEEESOME!!!! Join my dance party!!!

(-_-)           (-_-)

\[  ]>        

/   \            /   \

• Posted at:

WOW!!! Now that's what I call creative!

I tried it as soon as I read this!!!!!!

Can you do it on creative???

DDxx

• Posted at:

everyone can do it!

• Posted at:

"I WILL HUNT DOWN HEROBRINE!" -tardyturkey3

my gang:mario,kaos,snoopy,me,riana AND PIKACHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Small av

Glad you guys are enjoying it! I'm going to try to work on another build for you as soon as I can 

@pizzapie: I love it! Sounds like you've got some build skills over there :P 

@magicsphinx: You totally read my mind. I've been pondering the idea of doing biome builds for you guys because it's one of my favorite things to do when I'm kicking around in a new world. I'll see what I can do!

@werewolfdragon: (/・・)ノ (ノ ̄ー ̄)ノ〜( ̄△ ̄〜)(〜 ̄△ ̄)〜(ノ^o^)ノ

@dolphindetermined: You can totally do it in creative! 

• Posted at:

Small av

Okay, beach house it is for next build guide! What kind of cool things do you want me to work in?

• Posted at:

It looks like it would take a lot of work, but when you look at it when it is done, it feels totally worth the work.

• Posted at:

From,

An awesome agent

my favorite quote: someday I'll be living in a big ole city, and all your ever gonna be is mean, why you gotta be so mean- Taylor Swift

when I build my house in survilve I do not care about how it looks time the next day my freinds have burnt it down and left a sign saying "Herobrine was here" and I tell them dude I saw you doing it was not "herobrine"

• Posted at:

MINECRAFT ROCKS

Herobrine hunter

GO ECOT

thanks for posting

• Posted at:

alex

WOW thanks i needed that i love minecraft and love building structures and also very  god job!

• Posted at:

nice job there, i really like the build guide to the cabin, it's like building your first nice Minecraft house, great job!

• Posted at:

Admin,you are awesome

• Posted at:

1 , , 3